March 10, 2011

Reflections of a ....um, 30 year old...

So...it seems my birthday has come around again (gosh how the year has flown!) about a week and a half ago I turned 30, oh yes folks....it's the BIG 3-0...3...0!  haha.  Farewell 20s, it's been fun.
balloons from Kaleb's grandma and his Aunt
You know, when you're a teenager your 30s is so far away and seems so old...doesn't it?  At least to me it did, ha!  Maybe it was because I thought I was so mature and grown up when I was in high school, LOL (my parents were lucky to have such a smart, mature teenager ...ha HA ;) oh geez ).  Little do you realize at that age just how much growing up you have to do - especially when you move out on your own.  I love it how God knocks us on our butts sometimes :).  Now at 30, I definitely still have things God is growing me in.  I also don't think I ever pictured my life to be this way when I turned 30 - it's, I'm happy to say, so much better than I ever pictured :).
Kaleb got me a beautiful orchid for my bday, I love flowers :)
This time last year I was celebrating my birthday in Malaysia with my team from the mission trip Kaleb and I went on.  Never thought a year from then I'd be married, living in Cali, and still living out of a suitcase, haha, oh life and it's fun surprises :).  Although moving around a lot and living out of our suitcases does get a bit tiring, I wouldn't have it any other way right now.  This is where we both know we are called to...living by faith and we don't need a lot of material possessions to do that.  It's funny what a year long mission trip living overseas will do to you in helping you realize just how little you can live off of.  I'm grateful for that.

Soooo yeah, 30...weird.  Haha.  I will move on to other more important things now ;) ...

Since arriving back in Nor Cal, we have been staying with Kaleb's grandma until we found a place to live (this has been such an incredible blessing :) ).  We aren't sure how long we will be in the area so signing a lease at an apartment was not something we wanted to do, nor - after much prayer -what we felt God leading us to do.  But being that this area is so expensive...we just weren't sure WHERE we would find a place to live without having to sign a lease and how we could afford wherever that was....well, God, as He always does, has provided!  Kaleb and I have been blessed to find a FREE place to live while raising up ministry partners here in Nor Cal.  We will be staying with a sweet couple who has so graciously offered the upstairs of their home to us (they only live/use the downstairs of their home).  This is definitely unexpected and we are praising God for how He continues to surprise us and provide in so many amazing ways!!!!
Lovin' life :)

1 comment:

  1. I like reading your reflections...and hearing how the Lord is providing for you!

    ReplyDelete